Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Denver Dies

We're feeling good from the pills we took, awww baby don't gimme that look The mayor of Denver, I think

(AP) Sept. 6, 2005 -- Denver died Friday at Wake Forest University Baptist Hospital of complications from treatment for cancer. Denver's death was first reported by "Entertainment Tonight."

Denver had also undergone quadruple heart bypass surgery earlier this year. Denver was 70.


First New Orleans practically becomes a ghost town, and now I read that the city of Denver has died. I don't know where trouble is going to land next, but if I lived anywhere near Whitney Houston (or even Alan Houston) I'd be pretty scared right now.

7 Comments:

Anonymous pack attack said...

George Washington is dead too. Too bad that place is not a ghost town.

9/6/05, 6:37 PM

 
Blogger Brushback said...

This crisis might go beyond the city level, onto an international level. I'm starting to worry if it's even safe to visit Fernando Venenzuela.

9/6/05, 8:38 PM

 
Anonymous pack attack said...

might de cuba gooding try to overthrow castro and have his own country. Heck, he'd be living on an island just like Gilligan -- though Denver is not an island.

9/6/05, 9:13 PM

 
Blogger Brushback said...

I just noticed when I went to cross out "Denver" from my map of the U.S. that there's been a state named after the prog-rock band, Kansas. Now, that's weird.

Arrycay On My Aywardway Onsay!

9/6/05, 10:13 PM

 
Anonymous Gerard said...

Kermit Washington is alive and well. As is Joe Montana. Not sure about Randy California, however.

9/10/05, 4:07 AM

 
Blogger d-lee said...

I don't mean to steal your thunder, but you missed a chance to make an even better joke. John Denver, who is sometimes confused with Bob Denver, and who was already dead, did a nice cover of the song "City of New Orleans". With a little creativity, hilarity would ensue.

Also, this is news to me, but those people on the other side of the Atlantic named their entire CONTINENT after that crappy band Europe ("The Final Countdown").

9/11/05, 4:15 AM

 
Blogger Brushback said...

Hopefully the humourly-challenged guy who complained about the Bob Denver jokes on another post is taking notes: Europe/"Final Countdown" jokes are always funny.

9/11/05, 12:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Go To Main Page