Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Bits and Pieces pt. 2

Russian Hockey Digest, on opening night in the NHL: "Seems like the new rules are written for Russians."

That's When I Reach For My Revolver Alex Ovechkin

Alexander Ovechkin: 2 goals in NHL debut, +1
Pavel Datsyuk: 1 goal, 1 assist, +2

Pavel Bure considers comeback - I found this quote from Bure on one of the Russian web sites:

In the beginning of November, Pavel Bure, who continues to rehab after a severe injury, plans to depart to North America for an evaluation. "After the inspection is carried out, it will give me my answer if I will be allowed to continue my career. I thus far feel well, although I am nevertheless not ready enough so that I could begin to play."

Then there was another quote, this one from Ilya Kovalchuk. I had added it as an update yesterday to the "Kovalchuk returns to U.S. next week" post, but I don't know if too many people continue to scroll down to check out older posts:

"I will return to Moscow on 10 October and then will be ready to give to you the answer, where I will continue career."

I know that doesn't sound like much of a quote; however, this past Sunday a source on Hockey Rodent was insisting that Kovalchuk was already stateside, when the RSL scoresheets proved that Kovalchuk did indeed stay in Russia until after Oct. 4th. I just figured I'd throw out what Kovalchuk's intended travel plans are, if only to give others the chance to pick nits again.