Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Sucks To Be A Duck

So all my friends have kids now... which I think is rude
Try not to look stupid... OK, try harder

James Mirtle calls attention to the unspectacular new colors that the Anaheim Ducks will be wearing next season, and I'll agree that, while not a complete disaster, they don't look so hot, either.

However, the NHL Ducks weren't the only Ducks to unveil new designer duds this week. Presenting...

...your 2006 Oregon Ducks!

If the terrorists hated freedom, the Netherlands would be fucking dust!
What the cluck?!?

Sez GoDucks.com,

The University of Oregon football team will utilize a new look in 2006 that promises to be unique in the world of college football as well as striving to enhance the performance of those players wearing them.

The Ducks’ game-day apparel will consist of four different colors of jerseys and pants to go along with three different helmets Oregon is expected to wear at some point during the coming season.


I guess if having more helmets than you know what to do with doesn't seem stupid enough already, then wearing jerseys that look like a cross between "Rollerball" and "The Return of The Fly" would be no big deal, either.

6 Comments:

Anonymous alanah said...

Dear god. I'm practically speechless, which is so rare for me... plus now, for some reason, I can't get the "Village People" out of my head.

Geez, I'm not happy about that, Brushback.:-)

6/22/06, 8:08 PM

 
Blogger Brushback said...

Whoa-- Village People! I didn't think of that one!

"In the Navy...."

6/22/06, 9:04 PM

 
Anonymous alanah said...

The future team uniforms?

"Macho, Macho Man..."

6/23/06, 3:11 AM

 
Anonymous mrs. brushback said...

At least when they were the Mighty Ducks there was some degree of power to the name. Now I just feel like I can go to an Anaheim game with a loaf of stale bread and completely disassemble their defense.

6/23/06, 10:45 AM

 
Blogger Brushback said...

We've reached a new era in the "New NHL", where teams are now named after verbs.

Anaheim Ducks
Anaheim Hides
Anaheim Evades
Anaheim Runs For Cover
Anaheim Dodges
Anaheim Crouches Down
Anaheim Cringes In Fear
Anaheim Dives
Anaheim Sinks
Anaheim Descends

6/23/06, 11:41 AM

 
Anonymous alanah said...

God help us if "canucks" is ever used as a verb. What that could mean sort of scares me.

P.S. 'Anaheim Crouches Down' might've made me a fan. There's just something insane enough there...

6/24/06, 1:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Go To Main Page