Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Chris Holt Gets Traded Off Fantasy Island


So long, Mr. Holt!

In some sort of weird Internet black hole that I found out about only because I was linked to it, Wolf Pack goalie Chris Holt is now a member of the Nashville Predators:

The Rangers have announced the signing of Maxim Kondratiev for 4 years at $870,000. However, the Rangers are not intending to keep him, since they believe that he is not developing quickly enough, and they already have some good defensive prospects. Instead, they are trading him to the Nashville Predators.

Nashville gets: Maxim Kondratiev (D) and Chris Holt (G)
Rangers get: Mike Morrison (G), Andrew Hutchinson (D)

This is good for the New York Rangers, needing for the moment a better 3rd-string goalie and getting the already established Mike Morrison in return for Chris Holt. Chris Holt is no longer a part of their plans, with the emergence of prospect Al Montoya in the farm team... Hutchinson will help a little to reinforce the weak Rangers defense.


At least, that's a close as I can get to figuring out what it says, since it's in French. It's from a message board for a fantasy league with some really messed-up rosters, apparently, but I can't really tell. If it is for a fantasy league, I'm surprised that Chris Holt rates high enough to be included.


Maxim Kondratiev (#31, for Lada) defending himself against
the ill-informed and annoying doubting hordes

Since we're talking about the Nashville Predators and things that I can't figure out-- does someone mind telling me exactly what the hell this is?


Is this supposed to make you feel like buying hockey tickets, or feel as if you've got a pain in your side?

10 Comments:

Blogger Tapeleg said...

I sure hope Nashville wanted Holt. I know he had some hard times. But he dazzled last playoff season. There wasn't much more I could ask from a playoff series.

I still wish someone would have given the guy who ran him a little "tough love." Holt came through when nobody thought he would. He will hopefully be writen into Wolfpack Lore.

8/21/06, 11:17 PM

 
Blogger Brushback said...

You're right-- Holt came up big in last year's play-offs, pulling the Wolf Pack out of the fire when almost no one thought he could do it.

Tapeleg, you did notice that the trade is fake, though, right?

I should've written it better, I guess...

8/21/06, 11:27 PM

 
Blogger Tapeleg said...

Or I'm just an idiot. Fake? Damn. Now I feel stupid. And no one else is going to comment if they believe it. Crap. Crap, crap, crap.

8/21/06, 11:46 PM

 
Blogger Brushback said...

Look at the bright side-- only one of us has a jersey made after our web site, and it isn't me.

8/22/06, 12:05 AM

 
Blogger Tapeleg said...

This is true, and I have seen a few Wolfpack games. Which is better than most people in Hartford.

I do not understand the attitude of boycotting the Pack, because you want the Whalers back. That seems completely backwards.

8/22/06, 2:02 AM

 
Blogger Doogie said...

Nice try, but I call BS on the basis of (a) Kondratiev already returning to Lada, and (b) Mike Morrison being a Coyote, not a Predator.

8/22/06, 9:51 AM

 
Anonymous pack attack said...

I still wish someone would have given the guy who ran him a little "tough love." Holt came through when nobody thought he would. He will hopefully be writen into Wolfpack Lore.

That was Knopka. The girl is now playing in Russia for the same team Max Kondratiev is playing for.

It must be a Portland thang.

8/22/06, 1:12 PM

 
Blogger Brushback said...

"Nice try, but I call BS on the basis of (a) Kondratiev already returning to Lada, and (b) Mike Morrison being a Coyote, not a Predator."

And, Hutchinson hasn't played for Nashville for a number of years now, last I knew.

Like I said, I'm guessing that this trade is from some hockey pool or fantasy league, but I can't figure out exactly what it is (and why it has its own message board). It caught my interest because it involved a couple of Wolf Pack guys, plus it's so weird.

8/22/06, 2:30 PM

 
Anonymous MikeP said...

It's an online hockey league, run with a simulator.

They seem amused by your linking to them too. :-)

8/22/06, 10:56 PM

 
Blogger Brushback said...

Thanks for clearing that up!

I'd noticed an increased number of e-mail traffic involving this post, so I figured the people involved were passing it along to each other.

8/23/06, 12:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Go To Main Page