Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

It's All Your Fault Mom Left Us



I gotta credit Blueshirt Bulletin with the Scoop of the Century here-- Jaromir Jagr is acting in a schlocky Czech television show!

From Ice hockey megastar Jagr makes "acting debut" in Czech Televsion serial:

Jaromir Jagr, perhaps the most successful Czech ice hockey player of all time, has just taken a break from training ahead of the new season to try his hand in a new profession: acting.

Jagr is appearing in a show called "Posledni Sezona" ("Final Season"), which, from what I can figure out based on the show's photo gallery, is somewhat based around a fictional hockey team where every player looks to be about 40 years old.



Here are some of the show's highlights:


No, we're not friggin' Starsky and Hutch! It just looks that way!


Coach, that big ol' beak of yours would make the perfect template for the curve in Jagr's stick blades!


Don't kiss her, Tomáš! She's a man! For chrissakes, haven't you seen 'The Crying Game'?


Sorry, Miss-- my bad... (holy shit, these women are scary!)


Just my luck-- Grampa dies, and I'm the one he gives his Devils season tickets to


I have a rule against giving autographs to players, but I've seen you play, so I guess you don't count


With any luck, the show will be appearing on DVD in North America soon, so that everyone can rent one from Blockbuster and break it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous pack attack said...

The wardrobe department of that show should win an award -- those costume/uniforms look so spot on. I wish I had one.

Also, the picture of the guy sitting in the stands alone. Are you sure that was not taken at the Hartford civic center during some Wednesday night game.

8/10/06, 12:45 PM

 
Anonymous Jessica said...

This is so funny! Great blog, but I need to stop reading... giggling profusely at work is probably not a smart idea ;)

8/10/06, 3:40 PM

 
Anonymous cc2k said...

Yeah, so that shot of the guy in the stands alone got the hamster in my head up and running again...

Why are the seats in European arenas so much wider than the ones we have in North America? Every time I see footage of a game over there, it's the same thing. Right back to the '72 Summit Series.

I've been to Europe -- one thing is for sure, they don't have the personal space issues we have, so that's not it... (yes, if you see me in the HCC, please give me atleast 3 feet on all sides. call it a "courtesy cushion" or something...)

And I may be mistaken, but I think it's a pretty safe bet that we're, well, more spacious in the midsection, generally speaking, than your typical Euro...

So really, what gives with the big wide comfy looking seats?

Now off I go to pick up a 2L of Coke and a roll of Mentos... Actually, they come in a box now, no? Drat -- that'll be tougher to jam into the spout...

8/11/06, 9:13 PM

 
Blogger Brushback said...

I've always thought that American sports stadiums have narrower seats because they want more ticket revenue per square foot, though I suppose that's the obvious answer.

Older stadiums have narrower seats, also (back when men were all 5'-7" and 140 lbs). That's one of the reasons why Fenway Park can't reasonably be renovated within the same space that it stands on now-- if the Sox installed wider, more modern chairs, they'd lose space for hundreds of fans.

8/11/06, 9:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Go To Main Page