Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Slash's Snakepit Didn't Do Quite As Well As We Thought It Would


Sweet Turd O' Mine

If having been in two of the most overrated rock bands ever wasn't bad enough, Slash (née Saul Hudson) also suffers with the indignity of having his MasterCard commercial yanked.

Adfreak puts it up this way:

Here’s a MasterCard ad that doesn’t strike me as terribly offensive. I imagine its supposed banishment from the airwaves had to do with the kid smashing the guitar, but that seems fairly tame-- considering that certain people got famous doing it-- and no one gets hurt. No, I think the real culprit was showing Saul Hudson’s uncovered face, which is ugly enough to fall afoul of obscenity regulations. Hiding one’s repulsive mug behind six pounds of stringy hair? Priceless.

See for yourself...



For more on the phony glut of "banned ads" lately, per the folks at Adfreak, click here.

9 Comments:

Anonymous G12 said...

Wow sounds like someone is a little bitter with his pencil pushers job.
Even if Slash was in two of the most overated bands that's two more then iv'e seen your name in.
Also he still has more money than you will ever see a little envious are we.
Got anymore bands you want rag on.

9/19/06, 12:47 PM

 
Blogger Brushback said...

So I guess you can't rag on Jamie Lundmark, because he makes more money than you, and he's been on more hockey teams.

Rest assured-- I could become President of the United States, and when I wake up the next morning, Velvet Revolver will still suck.

9/19/06, 1:43 PM

 
Anonymous G12 said...

I guess that makes up for all the 99 cent cd's of bands i'll never hear because they would still suck at $12.99.
And Jamie only pretends to be a hockey player so i can rag on him.

9/20/06, 10:21 AM

 
Anonymous mrs. brushback said...

I may be a little biased here since Brushback is my husband and all, but I've got some of those $ .99 cd bands' songs on my iPod because *gasp* I LIKE them! I have big name bands on there, too.

Lesson for you two children:

Just because a band is undiscovered it does not mean they suck. Conversely, just because a band makes it big it does not mean they sold out to "the man."

Knock it off, you two, or I'll beat you both up.

9/21/06, 11:01 AM

 
Anonymous G12 said...

You mean like Bowling for Soup Mrs Brushback.

9/24/06, 8:44 AM

 
Anonymous mrs. brushback said...

I'll remember that the next time you break out your Stevie Wonder's Greatest Hits and brag about it.

9/25/06, 12:38 PM

 
Anonymous G12 said...

Hey that shits not funny Stevie Wonder is a musical genius, i have all his albums talking book, music on my mind fufilling the fuffillin the aw fuck it you know the good one.
Ill kick your ass makeing fun of stevie wonder.
(stolen word for word from an Eddie Murphy album)

9/25/06, 7:51 PM

 
Anonymous Andreas said...

slash is god, you are a fuckin faggot, and blogging is gay

4/10/08, 10:34 AM

 
Blogger Brushback said...

Thanks for taking on the thankless job of defending Slash from those mean little bloggers, as if he really needs you.

4/13/08, 3:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Go To Main Page