Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Kill Some Piss-Ants For Jesus


For a good number of years, my Yahoo! e-mail account stayed perfectly spam-free, while all along other people were telling me they had to delete sometimes a dozen or more spam e-mails from their inboxes every day. My luck ran out eventually, though, and so now I'm just like everyone else who gets those crappy junk e-mails by the handfuls, usually with subject lines referring to health products or enhancements of some sort. (Actually, now that I think about it, I started getting all this garbage around the time that I was becoming more active with Blogger; damn those web-crawling spam-bots!)

Just recently, though, I started getting spam with a different approach-- stuff about "Judah" and "Jerusalem" and so forth, written with all sorts of flowery language. Not that it works; I still send the e-mails right to the junk pile without opening them, but it still seems like a funny idea to me: Born-Again Spam, combining the worst elements of religion and advertising in order to better annoy the fuck out of everybody.


Speaking of e-mails, I received one today from the folks at MeiGray, who have apparently harnessed the heretofore improbable ability to buy time ("Own a piece of Panthers History!").

Thanks anyway, MeiGray, but even if I could actually buy a particular moment in time, "in Florida, a short while ago" would be pretty close to last on the list.

2 Comments:

Blogger gsdgsd13 said...

Yeah, in the annals of history, "The Florida Panthers playing an exhibition game in Puerto Rico" doesn't quite match up to, say, World War II.

But maybe we just aren't viewing it with the proper historical perspective -- a century from now, it might be the subject of books and movies.

11/10/06, 9:52 PM

 
Blogger Brushback said...

Yeah, like "Get the Fuck Outta Florida: How the NHL Sucked in the 90's".

11/10/06, 11:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Go To Main Page