Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Sony Baloney



AdFreak tips us off to another fake blog, All I Want For Xmas is a PSP, which is actually a marketing site registered to Zipatoni, a self-described "consumer activation agency" whose aim is to "move consumers into action and get them to interact with brands."

The introduction to the fake blog reads, "i (charlie) have a psp. my friend jeremy does not. but he wants one this year for xmas. so we started clowning with sum not-so-subtle hints to j's parents that a psp would be teh perfect gift. we created this site to spread the luv to those like j who want a psp!"

Zipatoni's deceit was sniffed out quickly, though, so now instead of moving consumers into action, the blog instead is moving people to leave hundreds of nasty comments like these:

"Wow. Could you guys be any more blatant? Printing out a Sony PSP ad? Are you really counting on people to be that gullible. What an insult."
"Well done, Sony. You once again show the gaming populace you haven't actually got a clue."
"Oh, wow, a blog with YouTube rappity-rap-rap videos! Finally a corporation that speaks my language."
"Hey, Charlie, I'm taking a dump on a PSP I found right now. Do you want it?"
"Wow. So this is what my fellow business school graduates are doing on the internet. It makes me tired reading those sad attempts. I know Sony probably suggested it. But you can still simply say 'no' the next time someone suggests something inane."
"This is retarded. I'm insulted that this reflects how intelligent Sony's marketing department thinks I am. Good job turning consumers off your product."
"Boy are they wasting bandwidth! I always wondered what it was like throwing hundreds of dollars down a toilet constantly. Now I know!"
"Hey bro keep insulting the Sony fanbase by acting like illiterate gutter trash."
"Seriously, who signed off on this crap... take him out back and shoot him, this is the worst advertising I've ever seen. And good job registering this site in your company name, fool."
"Lip-synched 'metal,' and ultra-white 'rap' with allusions to pimps, intentional typos... I hope someone gets fired for this. And I'd imagine Zip is in danger of losing all its business. Who would trust them after something this poorly thought out?"

Even funnier, occasionally Zipatoni (acting as one of the fake bloggers) responds in this way:

"we be just tryin to represent u guys... regular playas just tryin to get their gaem on, but now u gotta do all be dis then... u guys are noubs, pwnd!!"
"You all is haters tymes 4. Dis is lee-git. Don't know why youse thinks this is a schill. Are site was registered through an external provider. We don't work for sony. And for all you dissin' my skillz I'm down for a one on one rap off or settling it street stylez if you feel me playa. Teh."

"Interacting with the brand", indeed...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jes Gőlbez said...

I can just imagine some overpaid marketing asshole in his Armani suit surfing MySpace frantically trying to come up with that shit.

12/14/06, 3:51 PM

 
Blogger Brushback said...

It looks like the blog's been taken down, or something (last time I checked, one of the posts had 667 comments). No matter, just type Zipatoni psp blog into a Google search, and you'll find plenty of info.

12/14/06, 9:08 PM

 
Blogger Brushback said...

Or, you could just read Tailrank...

12/15/06, 4:26 PM

 
Blogger Brushback said...

12/21/06

Even though the fake PS2 blog ("flog") has been since taken down, consumerist.com downloaded it's content for posterity-- so, thanks to them, clicking on the link in the above post will still work.

12/21/06, 1:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Go To Main Page