Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Friday, December 01, 2006

These Clever Kids Are Killing Me

Homer Simpson plus John Wayne equals George Bush

Milenio Diario, a newspaper in Mexico, came out with a series of ads that made me chuckle (images taken from Ads of the World, of course-- click on them to see the full-sized original):

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Zinedine Zidane

Fidel Castro Hugo Chavez

Karl Marx plus alpaca sweater equals Evo Morales

At the bottom of each ad is the tagline, "Such a complex world needs a good explanation."


Not being too "up" on Latin American politics, I had to do a Google search before I figured out what's so funny about Evo Morales being Karl Marx in an ugly sweater, but now that I know, it's a real knee-slapper...

I liked this idea so much, I made up one of my own:

Mark Russell plus Night Ranger equals The Hold Steady

Gee, the possibilities are endless...