Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Greatest Wire Cover Ever


New Bomb Turks (Photo: Jay Brown )

Though it's hard to go against the classic Minor Threat version of 12XU, I'm siding with the New Bomb Turks, whose cover of "Mr. Suit" swings harder than Ray Charles falling out of a DC-10.

New Bomb Turks, "Mr. Suit" (click link to play)

I'm tired of being told what to think
I'm tired of being told what to do
I'm tired of fucking phonies
That's right, I'm sick of you

I said no, no, no, no, no, no, Mr. Suit

3 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

Yeah, that is a great cover, very different from the original, in a good way! Did you ever hear Die Kreuzen's version of Pink Flag?

Thanks for your comment to the blog, pleased yer digging the sounds!

4/26/07, 4:50 PM

 
Blogger Brushback said...

Yeah, I remember that Die Kreuzen cover-- I was really into "Gone Away" at that time.

I never got to see them live, but they put out some great records.

And your blog has got some way cool stuff on it... hope it continues...

4/27/07, 11:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

exliontamer Henrietta Collins and the Wife Beating Child Haters

1/31/10, 3:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Go To Main Page